Joint Statement by the Department of the Treasury and Federal Reserve
The following statement was released by Secretary of the Treasury Janet L. Yellen and Federal Reserve Board Chair Jerome H. Powell: “We welcome the announcements by the Swiss authorities today to support financial stability. The capital and liquidity positions of the U.S. banking system are strong, and the U.S. financial system is resilient. We have been in close contact with our international counterparts to support their implementation.”
- Comment #1
- Mar 19, 2023 3:43pm Mar 19, 2023 3:43pm
- | Commercial Member | Joined May 2007 | 1150 Comments
- Comment #2
- Mar 19, 2023 3:44pm Mar 19, 2023 3:44pm
- Joined Sep 2019 | Status: Member | 1076 Comments
- Comment #3
- Mar 19, 2023 3:46pm Mar 19, 2023 3:46pm
- | IP XX.XXX.36.218
- Comment #4
- Mar 19, 2023 5:51pm Mar 19, 2023 5:51pm
- | Joined May 2021 | Status: Junior Member | 8 Comments
- Comment #5
- Mar 19, 2023 6:42pm Mar 19, 2023 6:42pm
- | IP XXX.XXX.200.187
- Comment #6
- Mar 19, 2023 8:06pm Mar 19, 2023 8:06pm
- | IP XX.XX.248.13
- Comment #7
- Mar 19, 2023 9:53pm Mar 19, 2023 9:53pm
- | Joined Apr 2022 | Status: Member | 10 Comments
- Comment #8
- Mar 19, 2023 10:31pm Mar 19, 2023 10:31pm
- Joined Oct 2019 | Status: Member | 130 Comments
- Comment #9
- Mar 20, 2023 12:39am Mar 20, 2023 12:39am
- | Joined Mar 2021 | Status: Member | 1 Comment
- Older Stories
UBS agreed to buy its embattled rival Credit Suisse with Swiss regulators playing a key part in the deal as governments looked to stem a contagion threatening the global banking ...
tweet at 1:55pm: OPEC SG HE #HaithamAlGhais and HE Hayan Abdulghani Abdulzahra Alsawad, Iraq’s Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs and Minister of Oil, held a meeting in Baghdad during the SG’s visit to OPEC Founder Member Iraq. https://t.co/onoku4kZ39 tweet at 1:55pm: The two discussed developments in energy markets and explored possible avenues to enhance cooperation between Iraq and the Organization.
tweet at 1:11pm: $CSGN.CH *Reportedly UBS agreed to acquire Credit Suisse for ~CHF2B; Swiss National Bank (SNB) has offered ~$100B liquidity line to UBS as part of any deal for Credit Suisse - press (Credit Suisse Group AG) (More at https://t.co/POY7QOYzdF)
- Newer Stories
“I welcome the swift action and the decisions taken by the Swiss authorities. They are instrumental for restoring orderly market conditions and ensuring financial stability. The ...
We welcome the comprehensive set of actions set out by the Swiss authorities today in order to support financial stability. We have been engaging closely with international ...
Banking giant UBS is buying its smaller rival Credit Suisse in an effort to avoid further market-shaking turmoil in global banking, Swiss President Alain Berset announced on ...