Energy EXCH (https://www.energyexch.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.energyexch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Energy Competition Zone (Demo) (https://www.energyexch.com/showthread.php?t=944354)

EventsTrader Aug 28, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 1

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome Energy Traders!

Click to Enlarge

Name: hof.png
Size: 30 KB
Top 5 All-Time Best Weekly Returns (Winners)
1. EventsTrader: 21.9%
2. helgastrxd: 1.9%
3. EventsTrader 0.6%

Terms and Conditions

1. Starts at the weekly open and ends at the close of each week. Positions should be closed before weekly close. Registration is open all week, until the close.
  2. Demo accounts only. Energy trading only. Starting balance of $10,000. New demo with no trade history each week.
  3. Trade Explorer with public settings must be displayed to win. One entry per week.
  4. Winners will be featured! Their Trade Explorer displays in this thread for the following week.

Benefits Of Participants

Have fun. We are here to be competitive, make new friends, and have fun. It's a chance to become part of a supportive community of energy traders. Every week the winner's Trade Explorer will be attached and displayed at the top of this thread.

Energy Contest Hall of Fame

Take risks you wouldn't normally take and show your trading prowess. The top five highest weekly return winners will automatically be inducted into the sacred Demo Hall of Fame. The HOF will be displayed in this first post.

EventsTrader Aug 28, 2019 5:52pm | Post# 2

Our first weekly contest will begin next week. Feel free to sign up anytime by making a post in here with the required 4 digits of demo acct# and link to Trade Explorer. I'll have mine posted shortly.

*Tip: Find a demo provider that makes getting new demos easy. I'm using Key To Markets.

C8H18 Aug 28, 2019 9:58pm | Post# 3

Cool idea! I'd be highly interested in participating in a contest like this! Are there any recommendations for a good demo account?

EventsTrader Aug 28, 2019 10:24pm | Post# 4

We won't try and scramble to start a contest this week. But, for next week's competition here's my account that I'll be using:

Acct: 2473
Trade Explorer: https://www.energyexch.com/eventstrader#acct.73

Hope to see some competition next week. Legggo!!

EventsTrader Aug 28, 2019 10:27pm | Post# 5

1 Attachment(s)
Cool idea! I'd be highly interested in participating in a contest like this! Are there any recommendations for a good demo account?
Yes. Key to Markets. I'm not sure about opening any live account with them, but they are awesome for the purpose of this contest and getting a demo account for energy trading. No signing up outside of MT4. Get as many as you want. Hassle-free. They also offer 500:1 leverage max. I always go with the max for the contest.

Download this file if you want to use them. kot_mt4.zip

helgastrxd Aug 28, 2019 11:28pm | Post# 6

Interesting idea.

EF5 Aug 28, 2019 11:34pm | Post# 7

I'll join in on the inaugural competition.

C8H18 Aug 29, 2019 4:15am | Post# 8

We won't try and scramble to start a contest this week. But, for next week's competition here's my account that I'll be using: Acct: 2473 Trade Explorer: https://www.energyexch.com/eventstrader#acct.73 Hope to see some competition next week. Legggo!!
Understood!

{quote} Yes. KOT. They are awesome for demo accounts. No signing up outside of MT4. Get as many as you want. Hassle-free. They also offer 500:1 leverage max. I always go with the max for the contest. Download this file if you want to use them. {file}
Excellent! I'll be sure to review them. Much appreciated EventsTrader. I'm new to the markets so I am grateful for any and all of your recommendations!

I'll join in on the inaugural competition.
Glad to see that you're interested Ef5! Take it easy on us! I am certain I will learn a thing or two from you.

I'm looking forward to some action

demontrade Aug 29, 2019 10:38am | Post# 9

Excellent idea here ET. Looking forward to best energy traders here. I know for sure some big things would happen to the guys who consistently display amazing performance.

EventsTrader Sep 2, 2019 6:49pm | Post# 10

Just a reminder. The contest is open to new contestants until Friday's close.

helgastrxd Sep 4, 2019 11:25pm | Post# 11

1 Attachment(s)
I'll play along EventsTrader.

First order of business is to buy NatGas.
Name:  capture.png
Views: 159
Size:  16 KB

EventsTrader Sep 5, 2019 12:21am | Post# 12

{quote} I'll play along EventsTrader. First order of business is to buy NatGas. {image}
The first brave soul to enter. Welcome to the competition. We have the Natural Gas and Crude inventory data due out tomorrow. I previewed them here:

1. Natural Gas Storage - Sept 5th Preview
  2. EIA Weekly Petroleum Data - Sept 5th Preview

Then, on Friday it's NFP. So there's still plenty of volatility ahead this week. Good luck helgastrxd!

C8H18 Sep 5, 2019 5:48am | Post# 13

Aw man! I may have jumped the gun!

I opened the demo account that you suggested and reviewing the platform and got into some trades, by accident. I admit, I couldn't resist in mashing on some buttons!

Is there a way to reset the demo account? Should I?

I'll be able to upload my contest credentials tommorrow!

I'm currently in the red with wti, would this disqualify me from the rest of this week's contest?

EventsTrader Sep 5, 2019 6:00am | Post# 14

{quote} Aw man! I may have jumped the gun! I opened the demo account that you suggested and reviewing the platform and got into some trades, by accident. I admit, I couldn't resist in mashing on some buttons! Is there a way to reset the demo account? Should I? I'll be able to upload my contest credentials tommorrow! I'm currently in the red with wti, would this disqualify me from the rest of this week's contest?
Absolutely man! Totally understandable. Just get a new demo and start fresh. We are in the first week, so we aren't to help each other get involved. Forget the rules for now! As long as there's no cheating, we are good! Let me know if I can help you out in any way. You got the contest up to three for the fist week. Not bad.

C8H18 Sep 5, 2019 9:44pm | Post# 15

{quote} Absolutely man! Totally understandable. Just get a new demo and start fresh. We are in the first week, so we aren't to help each other get involved. Forget the rules for now! As long as there's no cheating, we are good! Let me know if I can help you out in any way. You got the contest up to three for the fist week. Not bad.
Will do EventsTrader! Thank you chief! I'm looking forward to it!

helgastrxd Sep 6, 2019 1:33pm | Post# 16

2 Attachment(s)
Looks like I squeaked by you today Events Trader.
Click to Enlarge

Name: capture.png
Size: 58 KB
Click to Enlarge

Name: ee.png
Size: 63 KB

EventsTrader Sep 6, 2019 2:10pm | Post# 17

Looks like I squeaked by you today Events Trader. {image} {image}
Thanks for the heads up. Game on!

EventsTrader Sep 8, 2019 5:53pm | Post# 18

Congrats to last week's winner! helgastrxd

EventsTrader Sep 8, 2019 7:13pm | Post# 19

New week new contest!
Acct: 5945
Trade Explorer: https://www.energyexch.com/eventstra...xplorer.176508

helgastrxd Sep 9, 2019 1:16pm | Post# 20

Congrats to last week's winner! helgastrxd
That was a rough week of trading, glad I could edge by though!

© Energy EXCH