Energy EXCH (https://www.energyexch.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.energyexch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   WTI Crude Oil Trading (https://www.energyexch.com/showthread.php?t=294030)

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 1:04pm | Post# 2741

1 Attachment(s)
{quote} Thanks Li, currently have 5 on the boil at the moment, seems my BE level may be a little tight, the USD/MXN would have been worth holding over the weekend, (hindsight) all said a small profit is moving in the right direction, just need a fine tuneD
Long @ AUDNZD

EMA89 about to cross over EMA200 + Camarilla H3 did hold support
Click to Enlarge

Name: Image1.png
Size: 43 KB

detector Jul 22, 2019 1:10pm | Post# 2742

{quote} Long @ AUDNZD EMA89 about to cross over EMA200 + Camarilla H3 did hold support {image}
Looks a great position Li, taken a long myself, cheers the heads up, showing good potential on my side too, maxed out now, in the red, D
EDIT
Any turn here would cause me to bail, living dangerously

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 1:13pm | Post# 2743

{quote} Looks a great position Li, taken a long myself, cheers the heads up, showing good potential on my side too, maxed out now, in the red, D
Be aware of the news (see ff calendar)

detector Jul 22, 2019 1:21pm | Post# 2744

{quote} Be aware of the news (see ff calendar)
RBA, may well quicken the process, sitting with some mileage but not much, currently overboard on the AUD!!

detector Jul 22, 2019 1:25pm | Post# 2745

Maybe TC could have a little input with the MAG7 tool, I'm sitting on multiple positions with set BE&TS, the MAG7 would be an excellent ad don for accumulative profit rather than individual, TC, what's your thoughts, D

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 1:41pm | Post# 2746

{quote} RBA, may well quicken the process, sitting with some mileage but not much, currently overboard on the AUD!!
Btw when is the uk rollover at 22:00 or 23:00?

timingchain Jul 22, 2019 1:42pm | Post# 2747

Maybe TC could have a little input with the MAG7 tool, I'm sitting on multiple positions with set BE&TS, the MAG7 would be an excellent ad don for accumulative profit rather than individual, TC, what's your thoughts, D
Mag7 is a great way to gain pips quickly and lose pips quickly. A trader needs to have a good grasp of what's happening to be successful with it: see a strong, broad move developing. That's why testing should be done with a demo account for experience. I have had some great success at times, mixed with a lot of small losses--if it is not moving well, most of the time I make a quick exit without waiting for the stop.

Also be mindful that the stop and limit reside on the local machine, not the broker's server.

EDIT
Moty, for your benefit, this is a trading tool for all pairs of a specific currency from a set of 8.

detector Jul 22, 2019 1:44pm | Post# 2748

{quote} Btw when is the uk rollover at 22:00 or 23:00?
for the swaps, 10 Li, just before the break, hopefully out by then, D

detector Jul 22, 2019 1:49pm | Post# 2749

{quote} Mag7 is a great way to gain pips quickly and lose pips quickly. A trader needs to have a good grasp of what's happening to be successful with it: see a strong, broad move developing. That's why testing should be done with a demo account for experience. I have had some great success at times, mixed with a lot of small losses--if it is not moving well, most of the time I make a quick exit without waiting for the stop. Also be mindful that the stop and limit reside on the local machine, not the broker's server.
Thanks TC, I used it, great way to basket trade one multiple cross, this would be the problem, the MAG7 would need to be altered to add multiple crosses as they are opened, maybe too much work, think there could be something out there for aggregated profit taking, just need to find it or could M7 be adapted in this way, cheers D

detector Jul 22, 2019 2:05pm | Post# 2750

Posted a sell USD/JPY, too maxed out to take it, no advice intended, moreover to watch, D

detector Jul 22, 2019 2:08pm | Post# 2751

Hourly could be seeing WTI making a dash for 57, any thoughts?

sponge Jul 22, 2019 2:13pm | Post# 2752

Don't go multiple D you will lose the plot, plenty pips on wti

detector Jul 22, 2019 2:25pm | Post# 2753

{quote} Don't go multiple D you will lose the plot, plenty pips on wti
I'm trying something new Sponge,maybe a little aggressive but only sticking my neck out while I'm around, thanks for the concern though, just let me know when you ready and I'll pop it overD
EDIT
AJ & NU stop @BE

detector Jul 22, 2019 2:29pm | Post# 2754

Hourly could be seeing WTI making a dash for 57, any thoughts?
WTI posting a sell according to my new test, approach with caution!!D

sponge Jul 22, 2019 2:32pm | Post# 2755

{quote} I'm trying something new Sponge,maybe a little aggressive but only sticking my neck out while I'm around, thanks for the concern though, just let me know when you ready and I'll pop it overD EDIT AJ & NU stop @BE
ok D your way ahead of me here

detector Jul 22, 2019 2:34pm | Post# 2756

{quote} ok D your way ahead of me here
Fully understand, it's only good until it goes bad, cheers Sponge
EDIT
Think we all bounce very well together and we're all joint first in our Islanders club

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 3:06pm | Post# 2757

WTI RETREATS FROM DAILY HIGHS, LOOKS TO SETTLE ABOVE $56
22 July 2019, 21:48

1. Heightened geopolitical tensions in Middle East drive oil prices higher.
  2. IEA says they stand ready to supply the market if needed.

Crude oil's sharp fall came to an end on Friday after Iran's Revolutionary Guards announced that they have captured a British-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf to revive concerns over possible supply disruptions. The barrel of West Texas Intermediate extended its rebound on Monday and tested the $57 mark before losing its traction in the second half of the day. As of writing, the WTI is up 1.04% on a daily basis at $56.30.

Responding to the conflict in the Middle East, the International Energy Agency (IEA) said that they are closely monitoring the developments in the Strait of Hormuz and they are ready to act if needed. "Emergency stocks are large enough to cover any disruptions in oil supply from Strait of Hormuz for an extended period," the IEA said to force crude oil to reverse its direction.
Meanwhile, reports of the force majeure on Libya's Sharara oilfield ending today put additional pressure on the commodity.

Markets will be closely watching the developments in the Middle East. Additionally, weekly API and EIA stock reports from the U.S. will be looked upon for fresh catalysts as well.

detector Jul 22, 2019 3:37pm | Post# 2758

WTI RETREATS FROM DAILY HIGHS, LOOKS TO SETTLE ABOVE $56 22 July 2019, 21:48 Heightened geopolitical tensions in Middle East drive oil prices higher. IEA says they stand ready to supply the market if needed. Crude oil's sharp fall came to an end on Friday after Iran's Revolutionary Guards announced that they have captured a British-flagged oil tanker in the Gulf to revive concerns over possible supply disruptions. The barrel of West Texas Intermediate extended its rebound on Monday and tested the $57 mark before losing its traction in the second...
Partly the reason for sitting on hands Li, no movement with any news,

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 3:42pm | Post# 2759

{quote} Partly the reason for sitting on hands Li, no movement with any news,
The same overhere atleast there are plenty of alternatives to trade

Ll1979 Jul 22, 2019 4:03pm | Post# 2760

{quote} Long @ AUDNZD EMA89 about to cross over EMA200 + Camarilla H3 did hold support {image}
Killed it @ 1.0401 before the swap + rba news. I think it has more potential but of to bed.

See you guys tomorrow!

© Energy EXCH