Energy EXCH (https://www.energyexch.com/forum.php)
-   Interactive Trading (https://www.energyexch.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   WTI Crude Oil Trading (https://www.energyexch.com/showthread.php?t=294030)

joemilly Mar 1, 2012 11:03pm | Post# 1

Crude OIl

Discussion about crude oil sound interesting here .......i just switched off from currency trading to crude oil since december last year...since then i found out crude oil is more fun rather than ccy...lets discuss here as im still learning abt the behaviour of crude oil.....

powermatrix Feb 15, 2013 6:21am | Post# 2

I would like to know is there any relation between the EURUSD and the WTI rates ??

555 Feb 20, 2013 9:56am | Post# 3

I'll try this: Sold WTI 97.10 with stop at 98.25 and initial target around 90

powermatrix Feb 20, 2013 10:32am | Post# 4

Guys,

Will Fibonacci Retracements work on WTI Crude Oil ??

What are the factors to be seen before entering and existing a trade ??? and what data affect WTI Crude oil price ??

555 Feb 20, 2013 11:50am | Post# 5

I'll try this: Sold WTI 97.10 with stop at 98.25 and initial target around 90
It's moving nice ... i'll move stop now to breakeven

555 Mar 4, 2013 3:03am | Post# 6

It's moving nice ... i'll move stop now to breakeven
Ok ... Take profit here 90.20 ad wait for a pullback ... i'm not sure if it will close right now from the here the gap left open on 26 Dec 2012 or from a higher level ... I'll wait NY to find out ...

IngmarMattus Mar 10, 2013 3:51pm | Post# 7

Crude oil's seasonal price rise starts usually at the end of February. I would not be a big seller here as the printing presses are still working at full capacity.

555 Mar 12, 2013 11:45am | Post# 8

Resume the trend ... Sell WTI here 92.80 - 93 ... with stop at 93.50 and target around 88 (even below).

muhiuddin Apr 9, 2013 7:29am | Post# 9

Is there any site that give daily technical analysis / forcast of WTI Crude Oil. ? thanks

555 May 3, 2013 6:07am | Post# 10

Sell here 94.10 with stop at 94.70 ... and target under 90.00

Dr.Trade May 6, 2013 10:52am | Post# 11

On the weekly chart of Crude Oil, trend lines are forming a symmetrical triangle that is indicative of a period of consolidation during an uptrend or a downtrend.

Now Oil is trading on upper trendline at around 96.60 however keeping an eye on price action in this area, we notice a loss of bullish momentum indicates that the potential trend reversal would likely be seen.

Weekly chart: http://cmanalyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/oil.jpg

mystic May 6, 2013 6:59pm | Post# 12

Dr Trade. I like your analysis. I'm also positioned like you, expecting a fall down to around 88 over the next month or so.

shax May 7, 2013 6:02am | Post# 13

hello Dr.Trade

there are a few sites which are expecting oil to breakout soon on the upside www.oilngold.com to go at least $105, though last week or so im not sure
if you read goldman sachs statement that they first were expecting oil to hit 105 by the end of the year but now they have cut down there targets for brent and WTI. now they are expecting $105 for brent from 110. but they havn't mentioned about WTI. So keeping in mind that there is always a gap of 8-10$ between brent and wti we should now see a fall. because brent has been trading in 105 -105.50 range for the past 2 days.

what my concern is even though goldman is a market manipulator as we all know what happened with gold a few weeks back. if goldman is right we can see another big fall in Oil but we also saw that oil and gold have been moving togather so does that mean a fall in gold aswell??

what do you suggest, Should i long my sell position in oil? i made a few $$ from 97 sell but closed it early. though i still expect a jump to 96.60 again before it starts to fall. it is at tricky place if you see RSI-Weekly, it does have the potential to move upwards before it falls.

let me know your opinion.

No-Luck Jun 14, 2013 9:51pm | Post# 14

Yeah.
Crude is one of my favorite instrument.

dan6er Jun 17, 2013 7:25am | Post# 15

Hi there everyone,
Does anyone know any forums and free info websites for crude oil (CL) for futures trading and what fundamentals should i look out for.
Please help as i am new into this. Also been using simulator on ampclearing.com for paper trading...Would the opec website help for any info in regards to CL?
as i don't know what to look for....I do observe the economic calendar and the oil inventories but still find it confusing on how the market reacts to it... Especially with the consumer confidence a while ago as it rallied approx 6hrs early (in Australian sydney time) before the result was given what happened there? I believed at that time it was in a down trend and it broke out...How do you prepare yourself for this senario other than using stop limits...
Thanks alot in advance....dan6er...

iamcereal Jun 17, 2013 8:31am | Post# 16

Hi there everyone, Does anyone know any forums and free info websites for crude oil (CL) for futures trading and what fundamentals should i look out for. Please help as i am new into this. Also been using simulator on ampclearing.com for paper trading...Would the opec website help for any info in regards to CL? as i don't know what to look for....I do observe the economic calendar and the oil inventories but still find it confusing on how the market reacts to it... Especially with the consumer confidence a while ago as it rallied approx 6hrs early...

I trade CL. Just watch the charts for many many many hours until you get the character of CL. And beware of EIA reports.That's it.

shax Jun 17, 2013 8:51am | Post# 17

Hello
dan6er...

there are a few websites you can look at, but the best one so far ive found is oilngold.com, they have helped me alot in trading oil.
they have been bullish since oil went down to 90's and asking people to BUY BUY BUY as an upside breakout would be seen soon.
and last week finally they breakout came for both CL & brent. CL will touch a $100 a barrel and Brent can go upto 107.5 - 108.
So go through the technicals and be prepared the move has come early today in oil usually it comes pre-market US session. I beleive te market might continue to go higher till wednesday FOMC meeting. So you really need to be prepared for that. right now scalping is a good option,
sell from every new highs and take 15-20points n close. From the technical point of view Oil is reaching the top end in Daily & weekly chart. Also it closed higher on Friday so the momentum is there.

Regards
Shax.

dan6er Jun 17, 2013 10:06am | Post# 18

No worries i will have a look at the website... Thanks everyone for your help...

princegolds Aug 20, 2013 5:01pm | Post# 19

hello team! Im an active WTI Crude oil traders from past 5 years now. I only trade oil, I spent 1.5 years trading demo on oil understanding its behavior. Let me know if I can help here.

bashir Aug 22, 2013 3:12pm | Post# 20

what ur opinion for down trend for oil especially wti? why brent oil keep its price up while WTI keep down deeply??

© Energy EXCH