The Conference Board LEI for the US Fell Further in August
The Conference Board Leading Economic Index® (LEI)for theU.S. decreased by 0.3 percent in August 2022 to 116.2 (2016=100), after declining by 0.5 percent in July. The LEI fell 2.7 percent over the six-month period between February and August 2022, a reversal from its 1.7 percent growth over the previous six months. “The US LEI declined for a sixth consecutive month potentially signaling a recession,” Ataman Ozyildirim, Senior Director, Economics, at The Conference Board. “Among the index’s components, only initial unemployment claims and the yield spread contributed positively over the last six months—and ... (full story)
- Comment #1
- Sep 22, 2022 10:14am Sep 22, 2022 10:14am
- | Joined Aug 2013 | Status: Member | 64 Comments
- Comment #2
- Sep 22, 2022 10:18am Sep 22, 2022 10:18am
- Joined Jun 2011 | Status: Member | 2887 Comments
- Comment #3
- Sep 22, 2022 10:24am Sep 22, 2022 10:24am
- | Commercial Member | Joined Feb 2022 | 667 Comments | Online Now
- Comment #4
- Sep 22, 2022 11:26am Sep 22, 2022 11:26am
- Joined Jul 2007 | Status: Member | 2661 Comments
- Comment #5
- Sep 22, 2022 12:34pm Sep 22, 2022 12:34pm
- | Joined May 2019 | Status: Rolling in the Pippppssss! | 693 Comments
- Comment #6
- Sep 22, 2022 4:26pm Sep 22, 2022 4:26pm
- Joined Jun 2019 | Status: Member | 3291 Comments
- Comment #7
- Sep 22, 2022 5:13pm Sep 22, 2022 5:13pm
- | Joined Mar 2020 | Status: Member | 533 Comments
- Older Stories
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said slamming the brakes on new oil and gas production “would be the road to hell for America” after Rep. Rashida Tlaib asked him to divest in oil. ...
China has steadily increased its electricity generation over the past 20 years, reaching 7,600 terawatthours (TWh) in 2020 from 1,280 TWh in 2000, according to our recently ...
The European Commission is working on more measures to tame sky-high gas prices and support energy firms facing a liquidity crunch, and may lay out its plans to EU countries next ...
- Newer Stories
Consumer confidence in the eurozone declined in September amid concerns about increased costs of living and slowdown of the economy, falling to its lowest level on record. The ...
Working gas in storage was 2,874 Bcf as of Friday, September 16, 2022, according to EIA estimates. This represents a net increase of 103 Bcf from the previous week. Stocks were ...
Euro-area consumer confidence slumped to its lowest level on record as households brace for a winter energy crunch and a further acceleration of already soaring inflation. A ...